Becoming a Volunteer Listener for Pineapple Support
Volunteer listeners have full control over when and how long they are available to listen. They provide a safe, anonymous, caring, non-judgemental and completely stigma free space for adult industry performers to reach out.
What it means to become a listener.
Pineapple Support provides free emotional support 24/7 to people within the adult entertainment industry. We want to support others so they never have to feel alone. Having someone there to listen can make all the difference in someone’s life. Active listening is a great way to support someone. It’s not solving problems, it’s helping someone feel heard, valued, and understood.
Pineapple Support have joined up with 7 Cups of Tea, one of the biggest and best emotional support platforms. When you join Pineapple Support, you not only get to feel good about doing something awesome.
– You become part of the community that genuinely cares and helps others. As a listener, you have access to peers, other listeners, and mentors.
– You develop excellent active listening skills, which will strengthen your relationships, improve your confidence, and equip you to deal with conflicts.
– You get free hands-on training that is designed to help you learn by doing. As 7 Cups says, training is directly relevant and immediately applicable to your life.
Here is how it works: we provide free online training & support – all you need is an internet connection to get started.
- Free active listening course
- Online volunteering from home (or via app!)
- Control your own availability to listen
- Get certifications to boost your resume
- Get support & coaching from friendly mentors
- Feel amazing that you are making a difference in other peoples lives!