Join our Team of Therapists
Would you like to join the team of counsellors listed with Pineapple Support and join is in making the adult industry a happier place?
What is required to be a listed therapist for Pineapple Support;
• Licensed by a state board or accredited by an accredited by a counselling / psychotherapy organization
• Experience in online counselling for adults
• Hold insurance
• Experience in individual counselling for adults
• Excellent writing skills
• Reliable internet connection
By applying to be a therapist for Pineapple Support you agree to;
• To respect the inherent dignity and autonomy of clients and the meaningfulness of their concerns.
• Provide services without regard to age, profession, gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability or socioeconomic status.
• Keep all the information regarding a client in the strictest confidence.
• Maintain boundaries in the counselling relationship in order to ensure that the client is not exploited in any way by the therapist.
• Recommend that clients seek psychological or psychiatric evaluation locally if they appear to need treatment for a mental disorder beyond the scope or jurisdiction of the therapist’s training or licensure.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be a part of the Pineapple Support Therapists Team, please complete the Intake form below. When you finish and submit this form, we will contact you regarding the next steps.
If you meet the above requirements but have do not have experience working with sex-workers, we recommend that you read the following article by Pineapple Support therapist Katie Bloomquist – The Sex Worker Affirmative Therapy Model
If you have additional questions or difficulty completing the on-line application, please contact our President Leya Tanit at Leya@PineappleSupport.org
We look forward to welcoming you to the team.
What is the payment process when working with Pineapple Support?
Pineapple Support facilitates a co-pay system. Previous to each session, the client will pay the therapist a previously agreed amount. This amount will be stated in your original communication from Pineapple Support regarding the client. At the end of each month, we ask that you invoice Pineapple Support for the remaining balance.
How will a client be referred?
Clients and therapists are matched depending on location and areas of concern. We will email you with the clients details and you reach out from there.
Clients must be referred to as their allocated code at all times (including invoicing). We are very strict on client privacy and security.
What is the maximum amount of sessions granted per client?
Generally we suggest providing the client with around 12 sessions and offering a reassessment after this time. The maximum amount of sessions we are able to provide funding for is 16*.
What information do I need to release to Pineapple Support?
Pineapple Support does not ask for or require any patient records. When you are connected with a client, we will provide you with a dropbox folder containing a spreadsheet on which to keep a record of the dates and sessions the client has attended or failed to be present for. This is all the information we require regarding the client’s treatment.
If a client has been uncontactable for more than 30 days or you are concerned about your client’s well-being, please contact Pineapple Support and we will conduct a wellness check (this excludes crisis situations, where by law you are required to contact emergency services).