Are you a student in a Social and Human Services program looking to gain field placement or practicum hours?
Are you LGBTQ friendly, sex positive and kink aware?
If the answer to both of these questions is yes, then why not sign up to be an active listener for Pineapple Support, the adult industry support network?
The Pineapple Support online emotional support service is provided through 7 Cups of Tea. It allows members and guests to anonymously connect with trained listeners in order to gain support for everyday issues, including mental health.
7 Cups of Tea Internship Program
7 Cups of Tea is a great place for students to serve as non-paid interns and in turn receive credit for their academic programs.
What type of student would benefit from working with Pineapple Support through 7 Cups of Tea?
Any open minded student enrolled in a Social and Human Services program where a certain number of field placement or practicum hours are required to complete a certificate/degree can participate:
• Undergraduate programs in Health & Human Services, Psychology
• Graduate programs in Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Master of Social Work
• Ph.D. & Psy.D. programs
Students who bring their life experience, academic skills, genuine passion for helping those in need and who also have aspirations of working in the behavioral health field, will likely find this work very rewarding.
Will 7 Cups of Tea provide supervisors?
7 Cups of Tea is unable to provide supervisors at this time. Many of our interns request a local social worker or a faculty member to act as their supervisors. We provide you with the perfect platform to interact with clients and to learn from other peer listeners in the community.
Are only students eligible to intern with 7 Cups of Tea?
While this program is geared towards students, anyone with an enthusiasm to help others while learning about mental health is welcome to register. The internship certificate will add great value to any resume for a job or college application.
What are the benefits of interning at 7 Cups of Tea through Pineapple Support?
• Further develop active listening communication skills.
• Build therapeutic relationships with users/members of the site.
• Create a personal profile page that highlights your interests and future career goals.
• You will be providing a much needed service to an often forgotten demographic.
• Learn from other veteran listeners in the community.
• Gain solid experience before working “in the field.”
• Add meaningful volunteer experience to your resume.
How do I become an intern with 7 Cups of Tea?
1. Visit www.pinepplesupport.org and click VOLUNTEER in the top menu bar.
2. Complete at least two 1-1 support and five group support chats.
3. Click here to complete our internship registration form.
4. You will receive the internship starter kit within 3-5 business days of your application date.
5. Upon successful completion of the internship, you will be awarded with a certificate.